Thursday, October 1, 2015

SILK CREATIONS - An Exhibition To Help Indian Weavers



Women are the backbone of all societies. Yet they are often relegated to the background or chose to keep their aspirations locked in the closet as the needs of family takes priority. But then there are those who never stop dreaming- never stop trying. Buzzingtales is celebrating 2 such talented women who may have put their needs in the backseat in the past, but now they are ready to ride high. Anukta Patnaik & Subhashree Mohanty have put their collaborative energies to start Silk Creations. Silk Creation showcases its rare collections of Saris, Dress Materials and Jewelry in their debutante exhibition.

DATE:
2nd Oct at 12PM till 3rd Oct 
VENUE:
Garden View Villa-142
Jebel Ali Gardens
Near DPS School, Dubai (Behind Ibn Battuta Mall)
CONTACT- 0567682728,0503663794

Catch an exclusive Interview of these two enterprising women.


1. Can you tell us something about yourself?

Anukta: I am a normal house wife and have always spent most of the time with kids and husband. Though I have not been professionally trained, one of my passions has been interior decoration and I have always tried to keep it alive by decorating my own house according to my tastes.

Subhashree: Being a Piscean I've always been a dreamer and very passionate about art and creative work. That's been a part of my life since schooldays. I always wanted to be a fashion designer. Although I have no formal training in it, I've always been into it since I passed my class 10 boards. I have designed clothes for the most fashionable girls in my younger days & held exhibitions yearly.

ANUKTA
 2. How did the idea of Silk Creations come about?

Anukta: “Silk Creation” has always been my dream ever since I was a child. It was with me all through college & even when I became a wife and then a mother. But the time was not right for me. It is only now that I have both the time and opportunity to give wings to Silk Creations.

Subhashree: Silk Creation was Anukta's idea...it's her baby. I have a great connection with her. I am happy that I am with my friend in Silk Creation and make our individual dreams a reality

3. What prompted you to take up this project at this stage in life?

Anukta:I feel there is a time for everything in life. This was just the right time for Silk Creation to come alive. When I get time I just like to research different types of silk in India which most of the people don't know. I just want to help the poor weavers, who are creating so many beautiful saris, dresses, and paintings. We have so many types of silks, chiffon, crape and more.

Subhashree:My creative side had taken a back seat as I was busy with my two girls. As Pinky had seen my work she encouraged me to make some stuff and be a part of Silk Creation. The time was just right. My kids are away for their college. So I thought I must give it a try again!



SUBHASHREE
4. Tell us about your collection. 

Anukta: Silks like Ikkat silk from Odissa, Mulberry silk, Muga silk from Manipur, paithani silk from paithan, Narayanpet silk, Maharastra , Uppada silk , Gadwal silk from Andhra pradesh Dhakai silk from Bangladesh Kota silk and Organza from Rajasthan, Banarasi silk & georgette from Bananas, Chanderi silk and Maheswari from Madhyapradesh. There are more collections.We will plan to collect more silks in our next exhibition. Dresses and paintings also part of this exhibition. Our range of Sarees starts from 75 dhs and dresses starts from 50 dhs. Paintings prizes starts from 50 dhs.

Subhashree: I'm concentrating on chiffons, georgettes and crepes, which come in bright vibrant colors, pastel shades and earthy ones too. 'Simplicity' is my cup of tea. While designing the saris I've kept the modern, stylish, classy woman in mind! So my saris are simple yet it can make heads turn! Our saris range between Dh. 150 - Dh.650. The saris are handpicked and exclusive - one of its kind! We have dress materials, dupattas & jewelry too.

5. What is your future aspiration for Silk Creation?
Anukta: My future aspiration for "silk creation" is to promote weavers of India. My dream was to make a beautiful boutique in my own creation.
Subhashree: We wish to have many more shows and include diverse types of fashion accessories to it. We want our exhibits to have everything a woman's heart desires! I can just say. For future entrepreneurs I would say - go ahead and take the risk and give it a try! At least you'll never regret for not trying?

No comments: